Grief Guilt, Anxiety, and Shame
Let’s talk about the anger, sadness, and fear we see in grief.
These are normal emotions, and they’re accompanied by thoughts many of us share. For instance, take anger.
- “Why did they die?”
- “Why my person?”
- “Why did I find this out after they died?”
- “I’m mad at them (or whatever caused their death)!”
Or maybe the person you’re most angry with is yourself—and “what” you’re angry about—the should’ve, would’ve, and could’ve thoughts—have turned into guilt.
Then there’s fear. In grief it often shows up as anxiety.
- We fear living without them.
- We fear others knowing how they died (stigmatized losses).
- We fear going to social events, gatherings, therapy, groups, and the neighbor’s house.
Lastly, we have sadness.
- The broken-hearted feeling when we first wake up or go to sleep.
- The need to tell everyone about them or no one at all.
- The sadness of being misunderstood, not seen, heard, and forgotten.
- The sadness of wanting to look at photos yet finding it hard to.
So what are our options for dealing with this? You’re not alone in experiencing this. I went through a similar journey in the early days of my loss. I’ve also seen others I’ve worked with battle this. So bring your woes and struggles. They don’t scare me.
Calm down your panic attacks
- Catch your breath when anxiety pops up
- Get tools for battling shame and guilt
When is it?
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
The live, virtual meeting is 90-minutes. The event will not be recorded to protect your privacy. Please see the times below.
What You'll Get
Save your spot
1 Virtual Seat
No. The meeting will mostly resemble a webinar. It’s educational, with time for Q&A at the end. If you want to share your experience or give feedback, you’re welcome to but that isn’t required.
Sure. The meeting will give you information you can do privately during and after the session. You aren’t required to chat with others.
Yes, you’re welcome to ask Ashley questions live in session or submit them ahead of time for her to answer.
No. This meeting will not be recorded. Therefore, a replay will not be available. At this time, no refunds will be processed.